January 4, 2011

Nursery Reveal

Before Pictures Coming Soon!

We did a complete overhaul to prepare for this little one. New flooring, bead board, crown molding, chair rail, baseboards, and paint to name a few. Check out that grey shag rug, yum! And all the bedding and curtains were made by Etsy seller Jayna over at RockyTop Design.

The colors in this love print from MadeByGirl were just made for Zoey’s room and the large zine letter Z adds the perfect amount of edge!

Gotta have some baby chucks :)

She gets the best morning sunlight in her room.

It just wouldn’t be complete without the Sesame Street mini Zoey doll.

We finally settled on a glider after months of debate. We wanted something simple and modern without the high price tage. Turns out the options are slim. This glider and ottoman from BabiesRUs was a great deal and blends nicely without distracting from the rest of the room.

I have a weird obsession with sock monkeys. I plan to pass it along to Zoey :)

This galvanized tub caught our attention strolling the aisles at Lowes and we ended up purchasing a few for toy storage. I love using products in unexpected ways. Plus they work great with the other galvanized accessories throughout the room.

One of the best buys was the dresser. Originally meant to be a bookcase from Ikea, we flipped it on it’s side and added legs, drawers, and new knobs from Anthro. We are loving the white furniture on the white backdrop. So light and airy for a little girl.

This classic teardrop lamp is so fun in lime green!

I’m not going to lie, this gallery of frames is my pride and joy. The fabric was my inspiration for the entire room design and what better way to honor it than framing? I collected chunky frames from thrift stores and shops in the area. A little white spray paint and they look like they were made for each other. Framing fabric is one of the easiest projects to bring some serious color and pattern into a room. Below, we added more galvanized storage bins! I’m thinking of continuing this theme throughout the house. I’m Loving the industrial vibe!

Sigh…

Check out this post for the sources to just about everything in this room!

48 thoughts on “Nursery Reveal

1. Pingback: Nursery Update | cape27

2. Pingback: Kitchen Reveal! | cape27

3. Pingback: cape27

4. Katrina

WOW!!!! I’m in love with your little girls nursery so pretty :) So glad you found my blog which led me to yours :) i’m just in love with the room – you’ve given my lots of ideas if our little one Junebug is a girl!!

1. admin Post author

Thanks a lot Katrina! Can’t wait to see what you come up for your new addition! I’m sure it’ll be adorable :)

5. melissa

Love this nursery – I especially love the frames you painted and the way you did up that ikea expedit shelving unit. It looks like a lovely soothing space full of pretty touches without being too overboard.

6. Elisa

Love your nursery! So well put together. One question about your fabrics. Do you know who the designer is for the paisley one, the green one or the one covering the changing pad? (sorry, so many questions! :)

Hi Elisa!
      The fabric is actually all part of a collection that can be found over at spoonflower.com. All the fabrics used are designed by Heather Dutton. It’s the Power Paisley, Kelp Dot, & Rockweed – Coral Colorway that you’re looking for. Hope this helps!
      Jessie R.

7. Esmeralda

You did such a great job on your nursery…it looks Fabulous!!! Just wondering if you would share the name of the gray paint you choose. I am looking for the perfect pale gray for my daughters big girl room and yours looks like the perfect shade. I would greatly appreciate it!!!

8. Jules

Love the nursery, great job! can you tell me what color paint is on the walls and where you got the cute rug? Thanks!!

Everyone curious about the paint color in the nursery it is Ben Moore’s Stonington Gray HC-170. The rug is from Cost Plus World Market. You can see it here.

9. Jessica

Wow! Love everything! Purchasing the zinc anthro letter now and thinking of switching our dresser to the Expedit book case. How did you add the legs? Would love any advice on that. Thanks!

10. emily kate

What a gorgeous nursery. We have the same expedit shelf in my daughter’s nursery, on it’s side for a changing table as well. But we haven’t enjoying having so many open squares, which are awkward to fill sometimes. LOVE how you made it into the dresser. Can you share more about that process, pretty please? :)

11. spark

What an amazing and beautiful room! Just love the colour combinations. I am doing my nursery too at the moment (nothing like leaving it to the last minute, my due date was today!). We don’t know what we are having however I love the bookcase turned into a dresser. Can I ask if you purchased the drawers at Ikea or if you had to make them? I’m all the way over in Australia and both my husband and I loved this idea and were wondering if the drawers were bought or needed to be made especially. Congratulations on a beautiful room – very talented pair you two!

Thanks so much! The drawers are actually sold at Ikea as well. At least they were when we purchased everything about 6 months ago or so. I’ll be doing a post sometime early next week about the process of turning the Expedit bookcase into a dresser, so check back soon for details. Hope this helps.

12. Pingback: Pink and Grey Nursery : Multiply Delicious- All About the Kids

13. Pingback: Nursery Sources | Cape27 Blog

14. Pingback: Clever & Cute Storage « little folk design

15. Becky

Ooh! We just finished painting our boys nursery a similar shade of grey, and we have been just pulling out our hair over figuring out a dresser, bookshelf, changing table combo (okay me, I don’t know why I say “we,” my husband doesn’t care about the dresser that much.)
    But that’s exactly what I’m looking for! Do you happen to remember what those drawers were called? I want to shamelessly copy you.

16. Tiffany

Wow! This is so beautiful. The curtains are amazing, where did you find them? Zoey is a lucky girl to get to sleep in this room!

17. Pingback: Budget nursery inspiration | umegoodness

18. Pingback: The Girls’ Shared Room Mood Board | Cape 27

19. Pingback: $20 DIY Pallet Wall | Cape 27

20. Pingback: Too Much DIY Art for One Post.. But We'll Do It Anyway | Cape 27

21. Pingback: Catch-up... not the dipping kind. | Cape 27

22. Christy

Burning question! Where did you find the bottom two Ikea drawer inserts? The only ones I can find are the inserts with two drawers per cube. Do they just not make them any more? Or is this an Ikea hack? Thank you for the inspiration!!

They’re from Ikea as well, although I can’t seem to find them online. They may have been discontinued. Here’s an alternative though, not a drawer but the same concept. Hope that helps!

23. Pingback: Fresh and Pretty Nursery - Home Decoration Design