January 25, 2011

Painted Kitchen Cabinets

A few days ago my cousin asked for a little help with their recent decision to paint their kitchen cabinets. This is one of my all-time favorite projects. You can completely transform the look of a room with a few can of paint, and what better way than cabinets! This is especially effective if you just aren’t quite ready to fork up the big bucks for a complete reno. And hey, who says you have to? Painting just may do the job without the entire overhaul. Yes, this project may seem a little overwhelming at first, but with a few tricks it can be done.

Now, I won’t even attempt to explain this process for the mere reason that I find it hard to say it better than it has already been said. By whom, you ask? Only one the best bloggers around. My go-to source for nearly every projects I tackle. My inspiration for even starting this blog. Yep, John & Sherry over at Young House Love. They are the best DIY(ers?) I stalk on my reader¬†know. Yes, I made up that word, just for them. Anyway, if you are thinking of tackling the painted kitchen cabinets, don’t even lift that brush before you check out their article here. It’s your on e-stop shop for knocking those cabinets dead.. Hmm.

So, you checked out the post, you have your tools ready to go. Now, you find yourself staring blankly into your kitchen. You need a color. This is where I come in. I shared a few of these photos with my cousin and figured what better time than now to let you guys in on the eye candy as well! Check out this amazing collection of inspiration photos.

via

source unknown

via

source unknown

via

via

via

source unknown

via

via

via

via

If you didn’t want to paint your cabinets before.. you do now. Not to mention a new kitchen all together. Whoops :)

24 thoughts on “Painted Kitchen Cabinets

1. kt

ahhh.. picture #2 (green cabinets/yellow island) are almost the identical colors i have eagerly waiting to transform our 58 year old kitchen. wooo! Seeing this makes me sooo happy to see our very own finished product soon! :D

2. Lindsay

Can anyone tell me what paint color the yellow kitchen is? Im looking for the “right” shade of yellow for my kitchen cabinets..and i love that one!!!

3. Jennifer Reynolds

Hi! I just stumbled on your blog today. I love your design style! You have literally inspired me to go to design school! In the last year, I have found a passion in decorating. I stay up sometimes all hours of the night looking at magazines and searching blogs. Speaking of cabinets, I really want to paint my kitchen cabinets. My walls are a barn red. They were like that when we moved in and I kept them because they were kind of nice and I was pregnant. What color cabinets would go with red walls? Is white the only color? I love love green, but that would look like Christmas! What would you suggest? Thanks!

Jennifer-
      That is so sweet of you to say! Going to design school provided me with a lifetime of inspiration :) As far as painting cabinets with red walls, white almost always works well in any space but you could venture into light grays and creams as well! Grays are a personal favorite of mine, especially those on the warmer side to compliment the red. Hope this helps. Happy painting!

4. Traci Schilling

I was wondering if i could find out exactly what color was used on the grey cabinets in the picture that is second from the bottom.
    Thanks,
    Traci

5. Jen

I agree, i’d also like to know what colour the last 2 pictures are. i really like that shade of grey. very nice!

6. Katie Bunch

HI-

I love the sage green cabinets with the yellow island. Can you tell me what the brand and colors are so I can copy you?

Thanks!!
    Katie

7. mark

i really love the concept of the 7th picture, the green color cabinets. Simplicity is great and the cabinet wall are fine. Im hoping i can find more designs from you =)

8. mary edgar

I would like to know the red color in the fifth picture from the bottom. Also the brand name of the paint and where it can be bought. Thank you so much.

9. Shana Frye

What brand of paint and color is used in the red/creme combo kitchen and then in the second pic of green cabintets. Love both.

10. Karen Jones

The contrasting colors really seem to bring out the best in each of the kitchen designs. Although I have to say, I am not liking the pink one too much! Overall great designs.

Vickie-
      The photo’s source can be found here which would be your best bet for finding the paint color used. Looks like you may not be the only one looking for that info based on the comments though :(

11. Pingback: Why buying a quality kitchen or bathroom can save you money | internet article marketing, read articles online for free, blogging articles

12. Pingback: Four Simple Ideas for Beautifying Your Living Space on a Budget - Ready, Set, Fix It!