May 17, 2012

Kitchen Cost Breakdown

Grand Total – $9,991

For more details visit posts on the selection process, the kitchen reveal, and sources!

31 thoughts on “Kitchen Cost Breakdown

1. Pingback: Kitchen Progress | Cape 27

2. Pingback: Kitchen Sources | Cape 27

3. Bridget

Love your kitchen, the lighting is great!! I love the rug and curtains!! I am thinking of purchasing those floors, did you install them yourself? How much did those cost? Do they make any noise when you walk on them? Does the dust show? I have black furniture that shows the dust right after I dust it so that is my only concern about it.

Bridget -
      Thanks so much for the sweet comment :) As for the floors, yes we did install them ourselves (and by ‘we’ I mean my husband, ha). I did a few posts a while back with a more details on them here and here, but they were $2.19/ sq. ft. They don’t make any noise or show dust, but I wouldn’t say that they necessarily hide dirt by any means. We had black furniture a few years back with the same dust problem, so I know where you’re coming from! The floors aren’t like that at all. Hope this helps :)

Hi Mia,
        I just did a post covering these details, here. Hopefully it will answer any questions you have regarding the island :)

4. Amanda

Do you like your hood? I have one just like it that I got from Lowes. I LOVE the way it looks, but never use it because it is SO LOUD. I wouldn’t mind replacing it with something that looks just as nice but doesn’t make quite the racket!

Hi Amanda,
      We LOVE our range hood, although to be honest, it isn’t the quietest hood I’ve heard. Works great for us though :)

5. Shanna

Wow!!! What a gorgeous remodel! Impressed with how relatively “cheap” it was compared to most kitchen remodels I have seen. I didn’t see your flooring in the budget breakdown, how much was that? We have an offer in on a house, a fixer, and I’ve already been remodeling the kitchen in my mind, and on paper, ha ha, and was worried we wouldn’t be able to do all we want with our budget but now I have hope! Enjoy that beautiful kitchen. I’m pinning it to my dream kitchen board on pinterest!

Thanks Shanna!
      So funnny, I was doing the same thing when we were going back on forth on offers for our current home. Everyone thought I was crazy for planning a home we didn’t even own yet! Looks like I’m not alone :) More info on the flooring can be found here. We used them throughout the entire home at about $2.19/ sq. ft.

1. Shanna

Thanks! We are going to do hardwoods in the kitchen, dining and front living room/entry as well so it’s in our budget but not just the kitchen budget. I’m really inspired by your work. We are planning on DIY-ing all of it except the counters. And while we wait to see if we get the house I’ll keep pinning ideas and planning!

6. gail

Please tell me about the maintainance on the soapstone counters. And, how many square feet did you cover? Any regrets about choosing expensive soapstone? What would your choice have been if you could not have afforded soapstone? Thanks. It looks lovely.

Gail,
      We adore our soapstone counters and wouldn’t trade them for a thing. They are completely maintenance free other than regular cleaning. They are softer than most countertops, so if you’ll be dropping things fairly often or unusually rough on them that might be a concern. Ours have held up fantastic so far. If we hadn’t gone with soapstone, our next choice would have been corian, pretty similar in price though. We considered butcher block as a more budget friendly option. Hope this helps!

7. Rachel

Hi – love your kitchen remodel! Can you share details on your wine fridge as I don’t see that in the price breakdown and I know they can be expensive. Thanks so much!

8. Pingback: Kitchen Inspiration « Simply Serina

9. Pingback: Kitchens: 5 Low-Cost Tips for High Impact | Awesome Architecture

10. jkimball2004

Love your kitchen remodel, we are considering the IKEA Lansa handles for our new kitchen as well. Can you tell me if they are good quality and hold up well? I am kinda nervous based on they way they are packaged and put together….any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

So far, so good! We’ve had the Lansa handles for just under a year, and we’re by no means “easy on them”. I’d definitely recommend them :)

Hope that helps!

11. gail

Your kitchen is beautiful. We were just at IKEA and loved their kitchens, but were concerned about quality–specifically, the cabinets and the farmhouse sink. We live in a 200 year old house, and want to redo the kitchen, but we are definitely on a budget. Did they help with the redesign? Did they do a good job? Thanks!

Thank Gail!

We’re extremely pleased with the quality of Ikea’s cabinets. Our previous home had custom cabinets, and I honestly don’t see much difference. The farmhouse sink is holding up really well too! We did the design of the kitchen on our own, but Ikea’s staff was helpful with a few questions we had. I know if you provide them with dimensions and a basic layout of what you want they’ll help you with the rest! Hope this helps!

12. Stephanie

I adore this kitchen. My husband and I are about to start building and while I knew I wanted to go with Ikea, I couldn’t quite decide the cabinet color/counter color, etc. This is perfect and I will be using it as a reference for our new house. Thanks for sharing and great job! =)

13. Jessica W

I also love your kitchen, I was curious on the actual cost of the construction of taking out the wall. Did you have contractors do it? How did you know which beams to leave standing?

1. Julie L.

I have the same question. How much does it cost to knock down a wall? Also, did you do all of this work on your own? I don’t see a line item for the cost of labor. This kitchen reno is AMAZING!!

14. Natalie

Gorgeous! We’re planning an IKEA kitchen remodel for our fixer-upper, and I’m curious how you’re liking your appliances? We love the style and the price, but we’re concerned about maintenance and repairs. Was that something you considered?

15. Kristina

Hi there! Your kitchen is amazing!!!! Lovely job to both of you.

My question: If your husband was not an electrician, how much would the work your kitchen and house required cost? It would be very helpful for us, thank you!
    Kristina

16. Pingback: Five Inspiring Kitchen Makeovers And Remodels (Before & After)

17. Pingback: Kitchens: 5 Low-Cost Tips for High Impact