May 16, 2012

Kitchen Sources

As promised with the kitchen reveal, here are the sources for our newly renovated kitchen!

1- Soapstone Countertops – Slab from Mont Granite (local). Fabricated/installed by The Granite Guys.

2- Glass Funnel Pendant Light

3- Industrial Bronze Pendant

4- Chrome High Arc Faucet – Ebay (can also be found here)

5- Domsjo Farmhouse Sink (instructions on how to do a similar undermount here)

6- Butcher Block Island Countertop – Purchased in maple and cut to size. Stained using Minwax Dark Walnut. Sealed with Minwax Water-based Polycrylic. (there are food safe options but we opted to go with a stain in a preferred color instead)

7- Built-in Framtid Microwave Oven

8- Luftig Exhaust Hood

9- Framtig Slide-in Range

10- Striped Woven Rug in Citrus (2’5 x 12′)

11- White Ceramic Subway Tile

12- Roman Shade Fabric (instructions on how to create a similar no-sew shade here)

13- Tolix Counter Stool Knockoff

14- Adel Cabinet Doors in Off-White

15- Lansa Door Hardware

16- Renlig Integrated Dishwasher with Adel Door

17- Nutid Refrigerator

We should have a cost breakdown coming up next with details on how we saved the big bucks :)

23 thoughts on “Kitchen Sources

1. KIm

Every single item you chose for the kitchen reno is fabulous! I’m a new follower. Keep the posts coming…I’m totally inspired!

2. Pingback: Kitchen Cost Breakdown | Cape 27

3. Pingback: Kitchen Progress | Cape 27

4. Pingback: READER RENO: JESSIE’S KITCHEN RENOVATION » 7th House on the Left

Thanks Carrie –
      We love the exhaust hood so far. It’s a tad noisy, but most are. Can’t argue with the price for a hood with any similar design.

5. Abby K.

Your kitchen remodel is absolutely stunning! I love every single aspect! Just beautiful! I am VERY interested on the method you used to undermount the Domsjo sink….I am in love with that sink and it seems like your method might be a little different than the (very few) other methods/hacks I have seen. I love the one door and the continuity you maintained with the cabinet the sink is in. Could you possibly share a more detailed post about how you did what you did with your sink/cabinet? Thank you soooo much!

Thanks Abby!
      We should have a post up this week detailing the process we used to undermount the Domsjo sink. Fairly popular request :)

6. Pingback: Cottage Kitchen – Pick My Presto | The Lettered Cottage

7. nicole

I have a question about the pendant lighting above the sink. Currently, I have flouresencet lighting above my sink & Iwant to chg it out to a pendant lamp. Was there an electricial box in which to screw the new lamp into?

8. MRH

Your kitchen looks great. I tried to look through the comments to see if this question has already been asked, but I couldn’t find it. How do you find the IKEA cabinets are holding up? I’ve been looking at them myself, the price is right. I worry a little bit about the materials used in their construction, however. You’ve been using them for several months now, what do you think?

Thank you! We’re hoping to do a recap post on how everything kitchen related is holding up. Until then though, we LOVE the cabinets. They’re still looking brand new and functioning just as they did on day one. We had high end cabinets in our previous home and we can honestly say that the new Ikea cabinets are doing just as well. I would definitely recommend them :)

1. Nissa

Have you had the island cabinets show a bunch of scuff marks from kicking feet? If so are they easy to clean? Thinking about going dark on my island because of this. Thanks!

We haven’t had any issues with scuff marks, but a magic eraser seems to take up any other marks easily. Hope that helps!

9. Rochelle

Jessie, I love your kitchen! The one question I have is where you got that great library lamp for above your chalkboard on the side of your fridge area. Thanks so much!

10. kaara

I love this! How inspiring 😉
    I’m just doing some changes to our home now after we had a flood last summer, so it’s always great to see how other people do it!
    How are the appliances from Ikea? I always love the look of them, but haven’t heard any reviews.
    Thanks!
    Kaara

Oh no! Sorry to hear that :(

We’re loving our Ikea appliances. They’re holding up really nicely and we haven’t noticed their quality being anything less than other brands. Maybe we’ll have an Ikea appliance review post in the future with more details!

11. Clare Muller

You did a great job….the “after” result is remarkable. I have a question about the floor. Is that wood planking? I like the contrast of the dark wood floor with the white cabinets.

12. Jenny

I know this is a few year’s later- a few questions- I am going with ikea grimslov (the new adel) and am concerned that white subway tile will make it look dirty? How is your experience? I also was wondering what your ceiling pant was? My other concern with the bright white paint is the ceiling paint being the right color in contrasting with the cabinets. Thanks!