February 11, 2013

Too Much?

I’m fairly certain that I’m closing in on new territory. Seriously, at what point does the cross over from ‘a girl who likes owls’ to ‘a crazy owl hoarder’ happen? It seems eerily close ;) I even told myself earlier this month “Hey, self. Enough owls. Cut the crap. It’s getting weird.” Buuuut… then I spotted this cute lil’ guy at a local thrift store, for FOUR dollahs! Do the double check over your shoulders, toss him in the cart.

Tiny Owl Makeover | Cape27Blog.com

I went into the store with intensions of finding a filler for this space, in Zoey’s room. It’s a tiny, empty whole that just seemed a bit off, and I’ve been on the hunt for something, ever since we first posted about the art wall here.

Tiny Owl Makeover | Cape27Blog.com

I have him a few coats of glossy white spray paint and now we’re bffs. Just kidding. But he’s cute.

Tiny Owl Makeover | Cape27Blog.com

And the space looks a little more ‘finished’.

Tiny Owl Makeover | Cape27Blog.com

Bonus – Zoey loooves him.

Tiny Owl Makeover | Cape27Blog.com

And because I can’t keep it locked inside anymore – Lil’ Owl had a twin at the store. And I bought them both. Eek!

I feel so much better :)

16 thoughts on “Too Much?

1. Natalie

I have had a little “thing” for owls for a long time, too. Which is weird, because I hate all birds in real life. They are so cute, though! He looks really great in white, too. Can’t wait to see where you put his twin.

2. Vicky

That little guy is adorable, and he looks great painted white. Good find, I think I saw one of those and passed it by….regrets.

3. Amy Cole

Hilarious. I am an owl lover from way back too and I did the same EXACT thing this weekend. I hung my head in shame for bringing FOUR new owls home AND spray painted one of them glossy white…birds of a feather, right?

4. Natalie Korreckt

I decorated my nursery in owls a year ago and have to consciously make myself NOT buy them for the rest of the house! They are so charming though!! I LOVE this one painted white! Good choice!

5. Christina

So cute! I have this one and his buddy…got them at a yard sale for a buck! Was wondering what he would look like in white. Looks great!

6. Jackie

I am not sure if you can ever have too many owls. But I might be biased, because I am an owl hoarder too. But, seriously when a little coat of white spray paint makes them so cute how can you resist? Look forward to seeing where you put his twin.

7. Kimberly

Ive never understood owl obsessions, but I think that’s because my grandmother collected then. When I was little and would visit her house I’d count every owl in the house to see if she had added anymore. The count was usually 20+. So for me owls are associated with the smell of cigarettes and perfume. But your little guy is pretty cute.

8. Kate

Just wondering where the “moon” print is from – in love with it for my boy’s nursery!
    Thanks,